Job reference - 214
Location - Salisbury, Wiltshire
Salary - Circa £50,000
Job type - Permanent
Date posted - 23/07/2019
A fantastic new opportunity has become available for a 3rd Line support engineer to join a highly innovative financial services company.
Salary - Circa £50,000 + Excellent benefits
This is an amazing opportunity for an experienced infrastructure engineer who has MOST of the following skills/experience;
• Previous experience of 2nd/3rd line support
• Knowledge of Windows server operating systems, deployed in networked business environment, with 100's of users
• Knowledge of VMWare 5.0+
• Good knowledge/experience of troubleshooting networking protocols and technologies such as TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, routing and vLANs.
• Knowledge of Azure, Azure DevOps or AWS.
• Ideally some understanding of information security management, e.g. ISO 27001
• Ideally some knowledge and understanding of credit card security, e.g. PCI DSS
• Previous experience of BCP and DR plans & processes, e.g. ISO 22301
• Valid UK driving license - occasional travel is expected between their two sites
This is a great opportunity to join a rapidly expanding IT team with a company that has exciting plans for growth.
The role for a 3rd Line support engineer:
The Infrastructure engineer position is responsible for supporting and maintaining the server operating systems, network infrastructure, switches and firewalls, plus general maintenance of all IT-related hardware/software. The position provides exposure to a broad range of IT-related projects and activities.
Key responsibilities for a 3rd Line support engineer;
• Set up and configure Windows server's in both physical and virtual instances
• Administer and maintain corporate infrastructure, including Windows Sever 2012/16, Active Directory, LAN, Internet access, firewalls, Exchange 2016+ and Azure/AWS services
• Administer the VMware 5.0+ Infrastructure
• Administer backup and disaster recovery systems & processes
• Liaise with and raise complex IT issues with our IT partners & providers for network, infrastructure, printing and BCP/DR services
• Take up small, medium and large sized IT projects when applicable
• Integrate solutions with applications & platforms based on requirements
• Provide any recommendations on infrastructure projects
• Exchange server mailbox maintenance, including archiving mailboxes
• Ensuring policies and procedures fit in with ISO 23001 & 27001
So, if you want more information about this one-off opportunity then please apply now!