Job Reference: 107
Date: 06th April 2018
Location: Birstall/High Wycombe
Salary: Budget up to £60,000
Job Type: Permanent
An amazing opportunity has arisen for an experienced Network Support Engineer to work with other intelligent people where you will have the opportunity to demonstrate and build on the skills you have already gained.
You will be reporting to the Network Support Team Leader for enterprise networking teams, the primary function of this role is to provide a technical response/ fix to incidents, changes, service requests, small scale projects.
This role is based within a team that provides 24x7x365 cover via on call rota however this role primarily operates Monday to Friday 0900-1730 but the successful candidate will be required to work to support the teams operations if or when required.
Responsibilities for a Network Support/3rd Line support Engineer;
· Provide 3rd Line support for customer technical services to customer base including monitoring, incidents, changes and appropriate service requests within agreed service hours and to agreed service levels.
· Undertake Small scale projects and be a technical owner
· Work with your team leadership to provide resource levels within the team to provide support across the enterprise networking-based portfolio to cover all relevant technologies and flexibly adapt to ensure adequate team cover.
· Carry out proactive maintenance to maximize availability including patching, config backup and capacity management.
· Maintain your technical skills and upskill to cover all relevant technologies if/when required.
· Keep abreast of new developments in your relevant technology.
· Participate in Change Management process, creating and updating change requests as appropriate, attending CAB meetings at request as appropriate to ensure proposed changes do not compromise network availability.
· Be vigilant for possible fraudulent activity and if necessary raise a security incident report using the template accessible via the Corporate Intranet.
· Carry out any ‘ad hoc’ assignments as and when required.
· Be compliant with health and safety company policy and legislation.
Essential Skills/Knowledge/experience required for a Network Support Engineer;
· Hands on implementation and troubleshooting of complex multi-vendor networking solutions from a combination of the following technologies. Cisco, Extreme, Juniper, HP, Cisco/Juniper/Checkpoint security skills.
· Experience of WIFI solutions including Aruba Clearpass and Airwave. Cisco WLC, Meraki, ISE and Prime, Ubiquiti WIFI solutions, Nexus Experience (5,7 series and 9k experience and/or certification) an advantage
· Security Clearance. (SC Level) or the ability to be security cleared.
· CCNP/JNCIP/CCSE ideally working toward your CCIE or equivalent
· Knowledge of Network analytical tools such as Wireshark
· Load balancing technologies such as F5, ACE an advantage
Desirable requirements for a Network Support Specialist;
· Knowledge and experience of network management tools,
· Knowledge of Service Now ITSM system.
· Knowledge and experience of F5 Configuration and fault finding
· CCIE or vendor equivalent with relevant experience at Maintainer level.
· ITIL foundation – Desirable
So, if you have the above skills/experience and are looking for a new challenge then please apply now!