Job reference - BI
Location - Salisbury
Salary - £45,000 - £50,000
Job type - Permanent
Date posted - 30/9/2019
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Lead BI Analyst to join a forward-thinking organisation based in Salisbury, Wiltshire.
Salary - £45,000 - £50,000 + Excellent benefits+ Free parking
Key purpose of the role- To provide high quality analytical expertise to the business and support established team of 3 Analysts.
Key requirements for a Lead BI Analyst -
• University Degree in numerical discipline OR wide-ranging work-based experience
• Experience and broad knowledge in data analysis using advanced methods
• Knowledge of Statistical Methods and Modelling techniques
• Experience in developing BI reporting solutions in Power BI, Tableau or similar
• Advanced SQL or SAS skills
• Advanced Excel and VBA Skills
• Experience of managing and prioritising multiple priorities
• Good verbal and written communication skills, able to explain technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders
• Ability to analyse problems and challenges, and develop structured solutions
• Desire to challenge the status quo and offer new solutions in a proactive manner
• Experience of mentoring and coaching others
Responsibilities for a Lead BI Analyst -
You will be part of larger, dynamic team and have a set of clear objectives aiming to maximise insights from available data sources supported by use of mainstream and up-to date tools such as; Azure and MS SQL Databases, Data Lake/Warehouse technology, Power BI and Office 365.
You will be working closely with Pricing, Product and IT teams to optimise and streamline all data and reporting related tasks.
We are also busy developing our technology and skillset to maximise use of Machine Learning and AI algorithms so it’s essential to be passionate about new technologies and be able to rapidly learn new skills. This approach will be supported with a mix of internal and external training and development sessions as well as self-study and research.
Some of the key tasks for a Lead BI Analyst will include:
• Develop Advanced Reporting and Analytical Solutions within Power BI and other available tools
• Liaise with business-wide range of stakeholders to promote understanding and usage BI Platform
• Provide support, leadership and technical expertise to team of 3 BI Analysts
• Lead change and development of new techniques and application of latest available tools
• Explore and implement advanced analytical methodologies within regular reporting solutions.
So, if you are a BI Analyst with some experience coaching or mentoring others and are looking for that next step in your career, then apply now for more information.